Thursday, June 21, 2012

vieille ville

 
 

Yesterday, I wandered around Geneva for a bit after an afternoon of studying. Found myself on Rue St-Léger, and instantly felt as though I had traveled a couple of centuries back in time. The neighborhood is really the heart of Geneva, where the city really began. Now this, I thought, looks more like the European city I had envisioned...

The asphalt roads and traffic lights gave way to windy, narrow cobble-stoned streets. I ducked into a few boutiques here and there, just because I enjoy the pastime of looking at pretty clothes and then gaping at their price tags. (Geneva's prices are unfortunately beginning to normalize in my head: 20 Swiss francs for a salade niçoise sounds fair.)

I've got tomorrow off, so I plan to grab my camera and get properly lost down the alleys of Old Town, Geneva.

No comments:

Post a Comment